The Monster Under the Bed: Sex, Depression, and the Conversations We Aren’t Having - JoEllen Notte
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Almost everyone has had some interaction with depression. Even so, many of us don’t know how to handle depression becoming part of our love life and it can quickly become the monster under the bed.
JoEllen Notte will help you understand how sexual function is affected by depression and what keeps us from effectively addressing it.
- Whether it’s you, a family member, a friend, or a partner who is affected, depression has the potential to touch us all. Even so, many of us don’t know how to handle depression becoming part of our love life and it can quickly become the monster under the bed.
- From “you have to love yourself first,” to “don’t stick it in the crazy,” to dead silence, popular responses to the topic leave much to be desired. But you’re not alone and you can have successful relationships and satisfying sex with depression.
- Heavily informed by the author’s research, including surveys of over 1,000 people and interviews with close to 200, this is the first book of its kind.
- With practical tips and real-life examples, this is both a guidebook for people with depression and the people who love them, as well as a reference tool for mental health professionals.
- Enjoy some of our books on tantric sex or make an erotic connection with our massage oils.
- JoEllen Notte is a certified sex educator, writer, speaker, sexuality researcher, and mental health advocate. She blogs at The Redhead Bedhead and has been published by the BBC, Glamour, Bitch Media, xoJane, and Kinkly.
- Publisher: Thorntree Press; None edition (March 27, 2020)
- Weight: 11.7 ounces
- Size: 5 x 0.7 x 8 inches
- Paperback: 264 pages