Open: Love, Sex, and Life in an Open Marriage - Jenny Block
Finally, a book about open marriage that grapples with the problems surrounding monogamy and fidelity in an honest, heartfelt, and non-fringe manner.
“Open” challenges our notions of what traditional marriage looks like, and presents one woman's journey down an uncertain path that ultimately proves open marriage is a viable option for her and others.
Jenny Block is your average girl next door, a suburban wife and mother for whom married life never felt quite right. While many books on this topic presuppose that the reader is ready to embrace an “alternative lifestyle,” Block operates from the assumption that most couples who are curious about or engaged in open marriages are in fact more like her:
- Normal people who question whether monogamy is right for them
- Good people who love their spouses but want variation
- Capable parents who are not deviant just because they choose to be honest about their desires.
- Enjoy some of our books on tantric sex or make an erotic connection with our massage oils.
- Jenny Block holds both her Bachelor’s and her Master’s in English from Virginia Commonwealth University, where she taught composition for nearly ten years. She has also taught at the University of Richmond and Strayer University, as well as lectured at academic conferences across the country. Jenny has written numerous academic ancillaries for the Newsweek Education Program, Addison Wesley Longman, and Simon and Schuster.
- Publisher: Seal Press; 2nd ed. edition (February 10, 2009)
- Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Size: 5.5 x 0.73 x 8.5 inches
- Paperback: 289 pages
We Also Recommend
Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macramé Vol. 1 - Lee Harrington