Yes Means Yes!: Visions of Female Sexual Power and A World Without Rape - Jaclyn Friedman
The way we view rape in our culture is finally dismantled and replaced with a genuine understanding and respect for female sexual pleasure.
In this groundbreaking new look at rape edited by writer and activist Jaclyn Friedman and Full Frontal Feminism and He’s A Stud, She’s A Slut author Jessica Valenti, the way we view rape in our culture is finally dismantled and replaced with a genuine understanding and respect for female sexual pleasure. Feminist, political, and activist writers alike will present their ideas for a paradigm shift from the “No Means No” model—an approach that while necessary for where we were in 1974, needs an overhaul today.
Yes Means Yes will bring to the table a dazzling variety of perspectives and experiences focused on the theory that educating all people to value female sexuality and pleasure leads to viewing women differently, and ending rape.
Yes Means Yes aims to have radical and far-reaching effects:
- Teaching men to treat women as collaborators and not conquests
- Encouraging men and women that women can enjoy sex instead of being shamed for it
- Ultimately, that our children can inherit a world where rape is rare and swiftly punished
- Commentary on public sex education, pornography and mass media.
- Passion 101 Classes provide interactive, educational, and entertaining learning experiences to help better understand sexual techniques, improve the dynamics of relationships & intimacy, practice useful methods of communication, maintain and improve sexual/spiritual/physical health, and to develop an appreciation of diverse sexual expression.
- Jaclyn Friedman is a writer, educator, podcaster and activist.
- Publisher: Seal Press (December 2, 2008)
- Weight: 12 ounces
- Size: 5.38 x 1 x 8.25 inches
- Paperback: 256 pages
We Also Recommend
Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macramé Vol. 1 - Lee Harrington