We Will Not Cancel Us: And Other Dreams of Transformative Justice (Emergent Strategy Series) - Adrienne Maree Brown
In We Will Not Cancel Us, movement mediator Adrienne Maree Brown, (often styled adrienne maree brown) reframes discussions of cancel culture in a way that points to possible paths beyond our current impasse.
Brown explores these questions from a Black, queer, and feminist viewpoint that gently asks, how well does this practice serve us? Does it prefigure the sort of world we want to live in? And, if it doesn’t, how do we seek accountability and redress for harm in ways that reflect our values?
- Exploring transformative justice as a living practice towards the goal of inventing and defining the change we want to create
- Cultivating radical and compassionate rigor in acknowledging, facing and challenging how we deal with harm and hurt
- Why we need to create new forms of accountability that are not punitive focused
- Inspires authentic reflection of our practices towards accountability and commitments to life and healing
- Whether you are a longtime ally to or member of the LGBT+ community, you can find great accessories and decor for your body or your home in our Pride collections.
- adrienne maree brown is the author of Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds; Pleasure Activism: The Politics of Feeling Good; co-editor of Octavia’s Brood: Science Fiction from Social Justice Movements; co-host of How to Survive the End of the World and Octavia’s Parables; and founder of the Emergent Strategy Ideation Institute.
- Afterword by Malkia Devich-Cyril; writer, activist for Black liberation, digital rights, and collective grief.
- Publisher: AK Press (November 17, 2020)
- Item Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.4 x 0.3 x 6.4 inches
- Paperback: 88 pages
We Also Recommend
The Yes, No, Maybe Workbook: Get What You Want Out Of Sex & Kink - Princess Kali