Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Trans Community - Laura Erickson-Schroth
Trans Bodies, Trans Selves (Oxford University Press, 2014) is a resource guide for transgender, gender expansive, and non-binary populations, covering health, legal issues, cultural and social questions, history, theory, and more.
It is a place for transgender, gender expansive, non-binary, and gender questioning people, their partners and families, and others to look for up-to-date information on life under the trans umbrella. Read more about the book and the Trans Bodies, Trans Selves non-profit organization here.
- MISSION: The mission of the Trans Bodies, Trans Selves organization is to improve the world for trans* and gender nonconforming people in all our diversity through offering reliable information and education, connection and discussion, visibility about the diversity of our community and our issues, and activism about needs of our community.
- As a project by trans* and gender nonconforming people for trans* and gender nonconforming people, we hope to empower us and give us the tools we need to be experts on our own lives. We also recognize that our world is improved by educating those outside our community, and so we hope to be a resource for educators, medical and mental health providers, academia, legislators, family members, partners, and everyone else.
- The Trans Bodies, Trans Selves board and editing team are currently working on an updated second edition of the book with new chapter authors and contributors, to be released in June 2021.
- Explore the concept of "masculine" or "feminine" presentation or develop your own unique agender or third gender or androgynous persona with tools help you look the way you want to be in our Gender Expression collections.
- Laura Erickson-Schroth, MD, MA, is a psychiatrist at Columbia University Medical Center and Hetrick-Martin Institute for LGBTQ+ Youth.
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 1st edition (June 10, 2014)
- Weight: 3.73 pounds
- Size: 1.3 x 8.5 x 10.9 inches
- Paperback: 672 pages