The Phallus: Sacred Symbol of Male Creative Power - Alain Daniélou
Intrigued by the erotic and spiritual symbolism of the penis?
This lushly illustrated guidebook explores this topic through photographs and text. Phallic imagery, in one form or another, may be found in the artistic traditions of virtually every world culture since prehistoric times.
- Alain Daniélou unveils the religious impulse underlying art that at first glance seems to have no purpose beyond the erotic.
- Overviews the symbolism of creative forces in general
- Examines the representation of male fertility
- Surveys the presence of ithyphallic gods
- Explores the role of Shaivist and Dionysian initiation rites in bringing men into communion with the creative forces of life
- Illustrated throughout with photographs and line drawings of European and Indian art
- Celebrates the expression of the masculine in the religious traditions of East and West
- Sexploratorium's curated collections of Dildos, Harnesses, Anal Toys and Penis Toys, offer an abundance of pleasurable options for any body.
- Alain Daniélou’s books have been published in twelve countries, in languages including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Deutch and Japanese.
- Publisher: Inner Traditions; Original ed. edition (November 1, 1995)
- Weight: 13 oz
- Size: 8 x 0.3 x 10 inches
- Paperback: 128 pages