The Erotic Mind: Unlocking the Inner Sources of Passion and Fulfillment - Jack Morin
Do you challenge the accepted theories about what makes for terrific sex?
Based on an in-depth analysis of over 1,000 provocative stories of peak sexual experiences, The Erotic Mind offers clear, accessible guidance on how anyone can utilize his or her own peak encounters and fantasies as powerful tools of self-discovery.
The Erotic Mind explains the many paradoxes of erotic life, such as:
- Why we're most excited when we must overcome obstacles
- How anxiety, guilt, and anger—generally thought to have a negative impact on sexual arousal—often turn out to be aphrodisiacs
- How we use unresolved issues from our early lives to intensify passion
- Why the best sex is dynamic and unpredictable, rather than static and safe
- These and other insights, combined with concrete suggestions for increasing our enjoyment, overcoming our problems, and revitalizing our relationships, will change forever the way we think about our eroticism.
- Using Safer Sex products means protecting the health of both you and of your sexual partner. It helps you stay healthy and can even make sex better.
- Jack Morin is the world's foremost expert on peak erotic experiences, including real-life encounters as well as fantasies. He has studied these remarkably revealing and fulfilling experiences with the help of his patients in therapy and also by analyzing anonymous responses to his "Sexual Excitement Survey," a powerful tool for self-discovery which you'll find in the book.
- Publisher: Harper Perennial; Reprint edition (August 2, 1996)
- Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Size: 7.9 x 5.3 x 1 inches
- Paperback: 400 pages