Queer & Pleasant Danger Kate Bornstein
A stunningly original memoir of a nice Jewish boy who joined the Church of Scientology and left twelve years later, ultimately transitioning to a woman. A few years later, she stopped calling herself a woman and became famous as a gender outlaw.
Kate Bornstein is
- gender theorist
- performance artist
- wickedly funny and disarmingly honest recaller of intimate details of her life
- join her recollections of childhood and adolescence, college at Brown, a life in the theater
- three marriages and fatherhood
- the Scientology hierarchy
- transsexual life
- LGBTQ politics
- life on the road as a sought-after speaker.