Mind Games: A Paranormal Thriller Cecelia Tan
Wren Delacourt is a woman with a gift, only she doesn’t know it. She has psychic abilities—the ability to see the future, to read minds, and to sense emotions. But ever since the death of her parents when she was a teenager, in an accident she foresaw, she has suppressed her abilities, often doubting her childhood memories and unsure if her powers even exist, or if she only imagined them. Unable to deal with other people’s emotions, she leads a quiet, somewhat lonely life working in a university library and socializing mostly with her downstairs neighbor, a gay man named Lawrence. Everything changes when her sister Abby goes missing
- Wren hires a private investigator to try to find her sister.
- Derek Chapman isn’t what Wren expected in a P.I.; he’s young, good—looking, and sensitive.
- Wren is attracted to him immediately, and the feeling seems mutual, but Wren is afraid that this will be just another failed relationship.
- Wren begins to have dreams about sex, about a dream lover who visits her at night.
- Is the man in her dreams just her subconscious trying to work out its conflicts between desire and fear?
- Or could someone really be stalking her in her dreams?
- And what does it mean when Derek’s search for Abby leads him to a private sex club? Is this fate?
- 182 pages : 0.37" H x 8.5" L x 5.5" W (0.45 lbs)