Jane Sexes It Up: True Confessions of Feminist Desire - Meri Lisa Johnson
Want to consider smart discourse from a new generation of feminist activists? These essays will get you going.
In Jane Sexes It Up, 20 young, progressive feminists reflect on the limitations they think are imposed by establishment feminism on their bodies and their behavior.
In these essays, the writers confess their seemingly anti-feminist longings and question what role feminist ideals should play in women’s sexuality.
Whatever the angle, the authors all champion a sex-positive feminism.
- In “Spanking and the Single Girl,” Chris Daley wonders whether it’s acceptable to play the submissive role in an S/M exchange.
- In “Vulvodynia — How Porn Made Me a Woman,” Katinka Hooijer reveals her affection for porn and the inner conflict her predilection inspires.
- Sex toy store owner Sarah Smith declares a “dildo revolution” — for women and men, gay and straight — in her essay of the same name.
- If you want to start your own dildo revolution, we have a nice selection of dildos and vibrators to choose from.
- We have all of your pride or gender bending needs covered.
- For more than a decade, Merri Lisa Johnson has worked as a Women's and Gender Studies administrator and professor.
- Publisher: Seal Press; First Edition (April 10, 2002)
- Weight: 1.04 pounds
- Size: 5.5 x 1.04 x 8.5 inches
- Paperback: 416 pages