Different Loving Too Gloria & William D. Brame
The long-awaited sequel to 1993's "Different Loving," the book that introduced BDSM to the mainstream, "Different Loving Too" takes a deep dive into the secret world of BDSM and how it has changed in the 21st century. Often emotional, always intimate, people who told their stories back then have come back to bare their souls - sharing highlights, low points, lessons learned and their secrets to successful BDSM relationships. Intriguing anecdotes, in-depth interviews and Community Dialogues are skillfully stitched together with Dr. Brame's well-known insight and renowned sexological scholarship. Readers new to BDSM will find this a bracingly honest look at a still taboo subject. Experienced BDSMers will be amazed at the Scene luminaries they recognize and the true history they reveal
Included in this sequel by Dr. Gloria Brame and William D. Brame:
- Overview of 21st century BDSM
- Observations of cultural shifts in the BDSM community
- Top turn-ons for the modern BDSM community
- BDSM romance, relationships and ethics
- Appendices include 19 follow up interviews with original contributors to A Different Loving + 12 New interviews with new generation BDSM players
- 2015 Paperback, 192 pages
Advance praise for Different Loving:
- ""Different Loving" was a revolutionary and influential book, not just for me personally, but for how kink and BDSM was framed at an important time in our history. By including some of the same interviewees from the original book, as well as adding a whole new batch of kinksters, "Different Loving Too" continues the tradition. It explores how the kink community has evolved, along with the threads that still connect us to our past. All in all, it's a fascinating book for anyone interested in BDSM from a personal or academic standpoint."
- Kali Williams, Founder of KinkAcademy.com
- ""Different Loving" has really grown up with its audience. The original volume, cataloging the interests and practices of people within the BDSM scene, was an elegant and vital introduction. But as I learn and grow I find that what is most interesting in kink is not the trappings, but the intellectual, emotional, and spiritual aspects that lead people to kink in the first place. "Different Loving Too" focuses on all those things. It references peer-reviewed science, and interviews practitioners on their community, on their ethics, and on their needs. "Different Loving Too" brings Dr. Brame's work full-circle, from raw sensation to the subtle beauty of a knowing glance."
- Joy S. Grape, Moderator, Sex and Gender Lab (Facebook)
- "If you think all people who practice BDSM are the same, think again. "Different Loving Too" illuminates the wide range of motivations, meanings, and practices of kinksters, and offers a fascinating look behind the dungeon (and bedroom) door. No matter how much experience you do or don't have in the scene, you're sure to learn something new."
- Rachel Kramer Bussel, Editor, "Dirty Dates: Erotic Fantasies for Couples"
- "I love Gloria's work. She continues, with fiery insight and compassion, to dissolve the taboos around some of the lesser-explored sides!"
- Laura Varnishe, School of Squirt (schoolofsquirt.com)
- About the Authors:
Dr. Gloria G. Brame - Pioneering sexologist, acclaimed sex therapist, and bestselling writer, Dr. Gloria Brame is the author of "Different Loving," "The Truth About Sex," and other ground-breaking works on human sexuality.
William D. Brame - Former muleskinner and logger turned professional archaeologist, historian, and novelist, he is co-author of both volumes of "Different Loving" with his wife, Gloria.