Becoming Cliterate: Why Orgasm Equality Matters-And How to Get It - Dr. Laurie Mintz
Are you (or your partner) mystified by vaginal orgasm? While penis pleasure is widely celebrated and understood, the workings of the clitoris remain both a mystery and a source of frustration to many - but not for long!
We’ve been thinking about sex all wrong. Mainstream media, movies, and porn have taught us that sex = penis + vagina, and everything else is just secondary. The problem is, women don’t orgasm this way.
We’ve separated our most reliable route to orgasm—clitoral stimulation—from how we feel we should orgasm—penetration. As a result, we’ve created a pleasure gap between women and men:
- 50% of 18-35-year-old cisgender women say they have trouble reaching orgasm with a cisgender male partner
- 64% of cisgender women vs 91% of cisgender men said they had an orgasm at their last sexual encounter
- 55% of cisgender men vs. 4% cisgender women say they usually reach orgasm during first-time hookup sex
In Becoming Cliterate , psychology professor and human sexuality expert Dr. Laurie Mintz exposes the broader cultural problem that’s perpetuating this gap, and what we can do about it. By dispelling the lies, misunderstandings, and myths that have been holding us back, Becoming Cliterate tackles both personal and political problems and replaces them with updated outlooks and practical skills needed to change our collective perspective on sex.
The revolution is cumming—and Becoming Cliterate offers radical, simple solutions to progress and pleasure for all:
- Cultural & historical analysis of female orgasm (spoiler: the problem's been going on for ages)
- An anatomy section (it's all custom under the hood)
- Proven techniques for cliterate sex (it starts with training the sex organ between your ears)
- A comprehensive final chapter for men (because you don't have to have a clitoris to be cliterate)
- A must-read for every feminist household
- Technical advice for achieving physical pleasure
- Personal advice for overcoming myths and miscommunication
- If you want to start your own dildo revolution, we have a nice selection of dildos and vibrators to choose from.
- Dr. Laurie Mintz is a professional sex therapist and psychologist helping others in improving both sexual intimacy and relationships.
- Publisher: HarperOne; Illustrated edition (May 9, 2017)
- Weight: 15.3 ounces
- Size: 6 x 0.97 x 9 inches
- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Out of stock? Only in stock items show as available on our website. If you would like to order this in an out-of-stock size or color, contact us via the online chat (lower right corner) so we can invoice you for your requested item.
- PASSIONAL Boutique & Sexploratorium warranties all non-sale products against defects for 30 days.