Autism-Asperger's & Sexuality: Puberty and Beyond - Jerry Newport
This groundbreaking, personal look at the sexual challenges of those diagnosed with autism or Asperger's includes advice on dating, sex, birth control, disease prevention, abuse, and personal responsibility.
Many people on the spectrum never get “the talk” from their parents, and therefore suffer from “information deficit.” This book goes a long way toward filling in the gaps in their knowledge.
It takes a candid look at aspects of sex and relationships as they apply to people on the autism spectrum:
- Building self-confidence
- Personal grooming & cleanliness
- Explicit advice on how to initiate sex with a partner.
- Avoiding pregnancy and STDs
- Dealing with rejection
- How to build a loving relationship that includes sexual intimacy
- This is an everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know kind of book!
- Using Safer Sex products means protecting the health of both you and of your sexual partner. It helps you stay healthy and can even make sex better.
- Jerry Newport is an activist and the author of two widely read books in the Asperger's community: ""Asperger's and Sexuality: Puberty and Beyond"" (with Mary Newport) and ""Your Life Is Not a Label: A Guide to Living Fully with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome."" In addition to coordinating several Asperger's support groups in Arizona, Jerry serves as a speaker on a variety of topics, from Asperger's-specific concerns to broader issues such as bullying and depression.
- Publisher: Future Horizons; Illustrated edition (September 1, 2002)
- Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Size: 6.02 x 0.56 x 9.09 inches
- Paperback: 168 pages
We Also Recommend
Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macramé Vol. 1 - Lee Harrington