Arousal: The Secret Logic of Sexual Fantasies - Michael Bader
Sexual fantasies. Everyone has them, but no one knows what they mean. People are curious about and often confused by the things that arouse them, yet they are often too ashamed to reveal their most private fantasies to their partners or even their therapists.
In this fascinating and provocative book, Dr. Michael J. Bader offers a groundbreaking new theory of sexual desire, one that will liberate men and women and enable them to better understand their sexual preferences.
Drawing on twenty-five years as a psychotherapist and psychoanalyst, Dr. Bader demonstrates that rather than being programmed by biology or society, sexual fantasies and preferences are really psychological antidotes to unconscious dangers.
Armed with this novel theory, people no longer need to feel ashamed about what arouses them or confused about what arouses others.
- Sensitively tells stories of patients then explores the meaning of their sexual fantasies.
- Refreshingly free of jargon
- A profound new theory that can be used to decipher a wide variety of sexual fantasies and behavior, ranging from ordinary preferences about positions in bed to flamboyant scenarios worthy of the Marquis de Sade
- Transcends the realm of individual psychology
- Considers a radically new understanding of sexual chemistry and boredom, cybersex, pornography, and the differences in how different people get excited
- PASSIONAL Boutique is a collaborative celebration of fantasy fashions for all genders and all bodies. From cosplay to corsets, leather to latex, fetish to festival, freaky to geeky, all creative spirits are invited to participate in a PASSIONAL party of radical self expression.
- Dr. Michael J. Bader is a clinical psychologist, psychoanalyst, educator, and social critic. He is a frequent contributor to mainstream psychoanalytic criticism, and his series of highly acclaimed articles for Tikkun magazine has been instrumental in bridging the gap between psychology and popular culture.
- Publisher: Griffin; 1st edition (January 18, 2003)
- Weight: 13.6 ounces
- Size: 5.5 x 0.78 x 8.25 inches
- Paperback: 312 pages
- Out of stock? Only in stock items show as available on our website. If you would like to order this in an out-of stock size or color, contact us via the online chat (lower right corner)
- PASSIONAL store warranty on all non sale products is 30 days against any manufacturing defects.
We Also Recommend
Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macramé Vol. 1 - Lee Harrington