20" Leather Strop
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This leather strop is perfect for keeping your blades or razors polished and sharp.
- Description: Steel ring on one end, handle on the other
- Valuable hunting knives, chef's knives are also frequently stropped.
- Available Size: 20"
- Strop width: 2”
- Using the strop: The following steps are meant as a guide to your daily stropping techniques prior to shaving. We recommend that you develop a method or technique that works best for you.
- Step one: Attach your hanging strop securely to a wall. Chest height is advised for ease of use.
- Step two: Rotate the strop so that the leather side is uppermost. This would previously of been prepared with a non abrasive strop balm or paste.
- Step three: By using the handle of the strop ensure it is fully taunt to gain maximum effectiveness whilst stropping.
- Step four: Fully open the razor, grip the shaft with your thumb and forefinger. Place the blade on the strop closest to you with the spine of the blade furthest away.
- Step five: Begin to stroke the blade away from you with the spine of the blade leading.
- Step six: At the end of each stroke flick the blade over and return with the spine of the blade leading.
- In the event of the blade being wider than the strop then a figure of 8 or an X technique should be used much in the same way as honing. This ensures that all of the edge of the blade is stropped evenly.
- You can use this strop to sharpen our selection of knives.
- Out of stock? Only stock items show as available on our website. If you would like to order this in an out-of-stock size or color, contact us via the online chat (lower right corner) so we can invoice you for your requested item.
- PASSIONAL Boutique & Sexploratorium warranties all non-sale products against defects for 30 days.