The Future is Queer: A Science Fiction Anthology - Richard Labonté & Lawrence Schimel
Shipping calculated at checkout.
In a world increasingly complicated by questionable technologies and factional poli-tics, what does the future hold for gays, lesbians, and transgenders?
- In this anthology, the first of its kind in over ten years, provocative stories and comics posit a queer future of limitless possibilities, covering issues like cloning, gene manipulation, and gender assignment.
- It includes contributions from best-selling author and comic book creator Neil Gaiman (Anansi Boys, The Sandman), World Fantasy Award-winner Rachel Pollack, and cult UK comic artist Bryan Talbot.
- A fascinating collection with futures as diverse as the community itself, a pleasure to read. --Melissa Scott
- This anthology is a perfect example of why Labont and Schimel are the best anthologists being published today. Diverse voices and stories make this the perfect book for a lazy Saturday afternoon. -- Greg Herron
- Unusually fine introductions precede this handful of provocative stories by some of our best writers. In these tales the queer future is surely different, yet resonant with legacies from the past. --Katherine V. Forrest
- Vancouver's Arsenal Pulp Press, the Little Press That Could, has hit another home run.... This well-edited anthology of science fiction and fantasy stories offers an amazing selection of talent.... The editors have done a wonderful job. The futuristic genre is perfect for giving us perspective on the present world...--Jim Deva "Publishers Weekly "
- PASSIONAL Boutique is a collaborative celebration of fantasy fashions for all genders and all bodies. From cosplay to corsets, leather to latex, fetish to festival, freaky to geeky, all creative spirits are invited to participate in a PASSIONAL party of radical self expression
- Richard Labonté is one of the founders of A Different Light Bookstore, and has coordinated the judging for the Lambda Literary Award since 2009. He reviews 100 queer books a year for Q Syndicate, has a fortnightly column and has edited the Best Gay Erotica series since 1996.
- Lawrence Schimel is a bilingual American writer, translator, and anthologist working in many genres, including poetry, fantasy and science fiction, and children's books, whose work frequently deals with gay and lesbian themes, and with Jewish themes.
- Publisher: Arsenal Pulp Press; First Edition (November 1, 2006)
- Weight: 12.6 ounces
- Size: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Paperback: 224 pages