Love's Not Color Blind: Race and Representation in Polyamorous and Other Alternative Communities - Kevin Patterson
Poly role model, sexuality educator and author Kevin Patterson considers the major issues that negatively impact romantic, sexual and community relationships for people of color. To make polyamorous communities inclusive, we must all acknowledge our our collective part in perpetuating racism and listen to people of color.
Love's Not Color Blind puts forward the framework—through research, anecdotal testimony, and analogy—for understanding, identifying, and confronting racism within polyamorous and other subcultural communities.
- Recognizing and resolving shaming and exclusion by white partners
- Identifying fetishization
- Acknowledging realities of everyday racism
- Identifying barriers and problems in groups and individuals
- Engaging with vs. pandering to people of diverse demographics
- Intentional planning
- Fostering inclusivity
- Creating change
- PASSIONAL Boutique is a collaborative celebration of fantasy fashions for all genders and all bodies. From cosplay to corsets, leather to latex, fetish to festival, freaky to geeky, all creative spirits are invited to participate in a PASSIONAL party of radical self expression
- Kevin Patterson is a sexuality educator and an active member of the Philadelphia polyamory community.
- Publisher: Thorntree Press (March 30, 2018)
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Dimensions: 5.25 x 0.5 x 8 inches
- Paperback: 184 pages
We Also Recommend
Sex Positions for Every Body: From Kama Sutra's Clasping Position to the Weightless Doggie - Jill McDevitt