The Body is not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love - Sonya Renee Taylor
Humans are a varied and divergent bunch with all manner of beliefs, morals, and bodies. Systems of oppression thrive off our inability to make peace with difference and injure the relationship we have with our own bodies.
The Body Is Not an Apology offers radical self-love as the balm to heal the wounds inflicted by these violent systems. World-renowned activist and poet Sonya Renee Taylor invites us to reconnect with the radical origins of our minds and bodies and celebrate our collective, enduring strength.
- Dissect the power dynamics of shame, guilt and fear
- Learn to build your own self-love practice
- Creating a world for all bodies
- Transform organizations and communities
- Fighting -isms and phobias with love
2nd edition includes:
Stories from Taylor's travels around the world combating body terrorism
Shines a light on the path toward liberation guided by love
Offers tools to confront racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia
- Radical self-love dismantles shame within us and dismantles entire systems of injustice.
- Together with the accompanying workbook, Your Body Is Not an Apology, Taylor brings the practice of radical self-love to life.
- PASSIONAL is a body positive, identity affirming boutique in Philadelphia with over 200 corsets in stock plus kilts, leather, fetish and dark fashions available in sizes XS-6XL (size availability limited from certain brands) or made to your measurements.
- With a B.A. in Sociology and an M.S.A. in Organizational Management, Sonya Renee Taylor uses her work to disrupt systems of inequity from an intersectional, radical self-love and global justice framework. She continues to be engaged in issues of racial justice, police brutality, mental health, reproductive rights and justice and much more.
- Publisher: Berrett-Koehler Publishers; 1st edition (February 13, 2018)
- Weight: 1 pounds
- Size: 5.5 x 0.44 x 8.5 inches
- Paperback: 168 pages