The Marketplace Series - Laura Antoniou
Laura Antoniou's modern classic of BDSM-themed fiction returns to print!
Her work has been translated into Spanish, German, Hebrew, Japanese and Korean. Many examples of her short fiction, articles, essays and rants can be found in the collection titled The Catalyst and Other Tales.
- Book 1: The Marketplace - Follow the trials and tribulations of four aspiring slaves as they undergo training hoping to be accepted into the secret underground society of masters and slaves known as the Marketplace. Under the firm hand of Grendel, the sharp eye of Alexandra, and the painful leather strap in the hands of Chris, these men and women will find some of their hardest challenges come from within themselves. They embark on a sensual and erotic journey, and yet nothing is quite as they expect in their quest to serve.
- Publisher: Mystic Rose Books; 2nd edition (October 1, 2000)
- Weight: 13.2 ounces
- Size: 5.5 x 0.75 x 8.25 inches
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Book 2: The Slave - Robin wants to be a slave in the underground world of the Marketplace. She falls under the tutelage of the infamous trainer Chris Parker and spends an intense few weeks with him. Little does she know that her adventures as a slave are just beginning, taking her from one coast to the other, into the whirlwind party world of a California gay couple and their house full of slave boys.
- Publisher: Circlet Press, Incorporated (March 10, 2015)
- Weight: 13.4 ounces
- Size: 5.5 x 0.67 x 8.5 inches
- Paperback: 296 pages
- Book 3: The Trainer - Come into the house of Anderson, the Trainer of Trainers, where Chris Parker and a few clients are in residence. Michael LaGuardia loves being part of the Marketplace and loves the sex slaves he regularly trains. After a couple of years in California, though, Michael thinks he is ready for a step up, an apprenticeship with Anderson. But instead, Michael arrives at Anderson's Brooklyn brownstone with a chip on his shoulder and promptly trips over his own, oversized ego. There are some very important lessons Michael needs to learn, about humility, respect, and even sex. Fortunately for him, he's come to the one place where he'll get those lessons beaten into him (metaphorically, of course).
- Publisher: Circlet Press, Incorporated (March 4, 2015)
- Weight: 14.7 ounces
- Size: 5.5 x 0.75 x 8.5 inches
- Paperback: 330 pages
- Book 4: The Academy - We follow Chris Parker and his trainee, Michael LaGuardia, to Japan, where a conclave of trainers is taking place. While the trainers swap cautionary tales and debate protocol, though, moves are being made that may change the Marketplace, and Chris's place in it, forever. This complete, full-length novel is a rich tapestry of sexuality and emotion, augmented by the inclusion of short stories by guest authors Karen Taylor, Cecilia Tan, Michael Hernandez, david stein, and Christian Muncy.
- Publisher: Circlet Press, Incorporated (March 3, 2015)
- Weight: 1.19 pounds
- Size: 5.5 x 0.94 x 8.5 inches
- Paperback: 414 pages
- Book 5: The Reunion - In previous books in the Marketplace series, readers have gone behind the scenes at a slave auction, an owner's home, a trainer's house, and even the ephemeral world of the annual trainers' Academy. In "The Reunion" we visit a vacation resort for a Marketplace "family" gathering, where slaves, former slaves, trainers, and their spouses, significant others and family members can relax, let their hair down, and connect with each other. But the "reunion" that matters most is that of Robin Cassidy (the slave from "The Slave") and her first trainer, Chris Parker (the trainer from "The Trainer").
- Publisher: Circlet Press, Incorporated; Illustrated edition (October 20, 2013)
- Weight: 2.77 pounds
- Size: 5.5 x 1.84 x 8.5 inches
- Paperback: 814 pages
- Laura Antoniou is the author of the well known Marketplace series of erotic novels. She has also edited the groundbreaking “Leatherwomen” anthologies, and several other collections of fiction and non-fiction.
We Also Recommend
We Will Not Cancel Us: And Other Dreams of Transformative Justice (Emergent Strategy Series) - Adrienne Maree Brown