The Killer Wore Leather: A Mystery - Laura Antoniou
In the Grand Sterling Hotel of Midtown Manhattan, home of the huge annual leather/BDSM/fetish ball and contest, Mr. & Ms. Global Leather, last year's male winner lies dead on the floor of his suite, wearing only very frilly, bright yellow panties.
Cormac "Mack" Steel made a lot of enemies in his year wearing the studded leather sash, not the least being his co-winner Mistress Ravenfyre. But she is not alone – there are over three thousand attendees at this year's fetish-festooned event from all over the world, some of whom might have had some very personal issues with the corpse.
Enter Detective Rebecca Feldblum of the Midtown East Precinct. Assigned to this doozy of a case because, as one of NYC's only out lesbian detectives, her Lieutenant seems to believe these are "her people." Shocked, amazed and alternately puzzled and amused, Detective Feldblum must navigate a world of doms and subs, masters and mistresses, pups and trainers, leather, latex and lingerie, and discover who murdered the late Mack Steel – and hopefully do it before the weekend is over and everyone goes home.
In the process, she will discover more about the sexual underworld than she ever really wanted to know, and more about her own past than she could have ever imagined. Written in the classic spirit of Sharyn McCrumb's Bimbos of the Death Sun, Laura Antoniou’s The Killer Wore Leather is both an engaging mystery and a humorous glimpse into the world of modern, pansexual international leather/BDSM contests and conferences.
- "This is, hands-down, the best novel, in any genre, that I have read in quite a long time. I reveled in the mystery; the MCs were sympathetic and whip-smart (for the most part). The background setting of the "Mr. and Ms. Global Leather (and Bootblack) Contest" is a brilliant device for introducing vanilla readers to the leather, BDSM-lite, and fetishist scenes without, in any way, being heavy-handed, or too much for the ordinary mystery reader to handle." —Rainbow Book Awards
- "Written by Laura Antoniou, this murder mystery is set at a very well observed fetish fair. A dry sense of humor permeates the novel and the author clearly knows her subject." —Erotic Trade Only, Issue 115
- "Exploring the erotic world of BDSM personalities and leather kinks makes for a lovely whodunit and a much more modern game of Clue." — The Advocate
- "Nearly the entire book takes place at the New York hotel where the leather and kink contest is being held, a wise narrative choice that keeps the story contained and gives potential suspects reason to interact with the victim and each other. Antoniou does a fine job translating the leather and kink scene into a difficult setting for the police to navigate." —Foreword Reviews
- "This novel is not of the one-handed kind, but it is a racy blend of suspense and satire." —The Gay & Lesbian Review
Before you curl up, be sure to look through our Intimates - For Her & Them & Us.
Make an impact with a variety of props and tools that are designed to tease and to strike the chords of excitement.
- Laura Antoniou authored the well known 'Marketplace' series of erotic novels, She has also edited the groundbreaking 'Leatherwomen' anthologies, and writes scholarly work on BDSM. Her work has been translated into Spanish, German, Hebrew, Japanese and Korean.
- Publisher: Cleis Press; First Printing edition (April 9, 2013)
- Weight: 0.035 ounces
- Size: 5.5 x 1.04 x 8.5 inches
- Paperback: 416 pages
We Also Recommend
We Will Not Cancel Us: And Other Dreams of Transformative Justice (Emergent Strategy Series) - Adrienne Maree Brown
The Ethical Slut, Third Edition: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships, and Other Freedoms in Sex and Love - Dossie Easton & Janet Hardy
The Body is not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love - Sonya Renee Taylor