First Person Queer: Who We Are (So Far) Labonte & Schimel
Looking for an overview of modern queer lives?
Richard Labonte and Lawrence Schimel have curated and edited a collection of 40 essays examining lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex, ace, pansexual and queer lives as they are lived and recorded by people living those lives.
- Winner, Lambda Literary Award, LGBT Anthologies
- Winner, Independent Publisher Award (GOLD), Gay/Lesbian
- Wide-ranging anthology of non-fiction essays,
- Contributors write intimate and honest first-person accounts of queer (gay/lesbian/bisexual/trans) experience
- from coming out to "passing" as straight, to the devastation of meth addiction, to growing old to living proud.
- Stories of contemporary queer life-- funny, sad, hopeful, and truthful.
- Representing a diversity of genders, ages, races, and orientations,
- Edited by two acclaimed writers and anthologists (who between them have written or edited almost 100 books), First Person Queer depicts the diversity, the complexity, and the excitement of contemporary GLBTQ life.
- Contributors include S. Bear Bergman (Butch is a Noun), Kate Bornstein (Gender Outlaw), Sharon Bridgforth (The Bull-Jean Stories), Ivan E. Coyote (Bow Grip), Katherine V. Forrest (Curious Wine), Daniel Gawthrop (The Rice Queen Diaries), George K. Ilsley (ManBug), Nalo Hopkinson (The New Moon's Arms), Josh Kilmer-Purcell (I Am Not Myself These Days: A Memoir), Tim Miller (Body Blows, Shirts and Skin), Achy Obejas (Memory Mambo), Stan Persky (Buddy's), Simon Sheppard (Kinkorama).