Designer Relationships: A Guide to Happy Monogamy, Positive Polyamory, and Optimistic Open Relationships - Patricia Johnson & Mark A. Michaels
Contemporary relationships are in a state of rapid evolution. These changes can and should empower people with the opportunity to develop partnerships based on their own sexualities, understandings, and agreements. This makes it possible to create what Kenneth Haslam, founder of the Kinsey Institute's Polyamory Archive, has called "designer relationships."
- Designer relationships may encompass: people who bond emotionally but not sexually; people who agree to be non-exclusive; single people who have occasional lovers or friends with benefits; multiple partner configurations where long-term bonds exist among all or some; partnerships in which people are kinky and that make room to explore kink.
- The possibilities are limitless, and thinking about a partnership as something people can craft allows for flexibility and change.
- Relationships can open and close or have varying degrees and kinds of openness as circumstances demand.
- In the context of a designer relationship, decisions are made mutually, consciously, and deliberately.
- Are you in a designer relationship? Be sure to look through our Intimates - For Her & Them & Us.
- Best-selling authors and nationally known relationship experts Patricia Johnson and Mark A. Michaels are exemplars of this life choice, and have studied polyamory for over 20 years. This book explains exactly how you and your loved ones can design your own life and love.
- Publisher: Cleis Press (September 8, 2015)
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Dimensions: 5 x 0.4 x 8 inches
- Paperback: 168 pages
We Also Recommend
Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes - Stella Starsky, Quinn Cox