Disability Rights Enamel Pins
These are hard enamel pins or brooch that you can attach to almost any fabric. Similar to Queerphobia by cisgender and heterosexual folks, many non-disabled people do not like the idea that someone could be proud of their disability.
They are uncomfortable when folks talk about their struggles and support needs, or they insist upon separating someone's humanity from their disability. This is why most disabled people do not like person-first language, or phrases like "differently-abled" ("he is a person with Autism;" "They aren't disabled! They're just special!"). Disabled people see this for what it is: a desire to avoid having real conversations about disability and the injustice disabled people face.
But being disabled is just part of being alive. For a disabled person, having pain, being unable to do certain things, or needing additional support is often central to their day-to-day life and their identity as a human being. These pins help disabled people and their supporters show that a disability is something to be proud of, not tip-toed around or hidden away.
- Description: Lapel pin or brooch with text or image
- Occasions: Great for pinning on jackets, bags and showing your pride everywhere you go
- Material: Hard enamel with sensory-friendly rubber stoppers
- Options Available:
- "Disabled is Not a Bad Word"- Black Lettering on White Square
- Size Dimensions: 1.25" x 1.25" (3.1cm x 3.1cm)
- "Nothing About Us Without Us" - Black Lettering on White Rectangle
- Size Dimensions: 1.5” length x 0.39” height (3.81cm x 0.99cm)
- “Autistics Don't Need a Cure” - Blue Puzzle piece in a Red Circle with a Slash Through It
- Size Dimensions: 1.5 x 1.5” (3.81 x 3.81)
- Made in Canada by Retrophiliac Design, queer and autistic owned and operated.
- Check out other accessories by Retrophiliac Designs here and here!
- Out of stock? Only in-stock items show as available on our website. If you would like to order this in an out-of-stock size or color, contact us via the online chat (lower right corner)
- PASSIONAL store warranties all non sale products for 30 days against any manufacturing defects.